Who and what we are ... and why we do what we do
Who and what we are ...
...and why we do what we do
First of all - welcome!
For particular topics, please follow these links:
Literally translated, the word stands for "Magicalmirror-online". Of course we didn't choose this name by random, a few history can be found here.
Bettina Meister and Horst Hermann von Allwörden are the editors of Zauberspiegel-online. We would be literally nothing here without the friends who devote a lot of their time and energy on making the Zauberspiegel possible. So, as editors we say thank you! As we already saied, the Zauberspiegel is made by a bunch of people. If you want to know their names, please read here (at least some of them are their) or press the buttom » « inthe Main Menu.
Getting into contact with the Zauberspiegel-Team is easy, just write to:
Calling all plans "a mission" has become a very popular phrase, even though it often covers nothing but the simple fact "why we do what we do".
The Zauberspiegel existed since 1982, in those days not as online magazine, though. A brief overview of the history of the magic mirror can be found here (nker). And since Jürgen "Dan Shocker" was our namesake, learn more about it in As Time Goes By #35 "And the title is ..." (The part of the column on fandomexperiences by editor Horst von Allwörden). Yet it exists as an online fanzine since 2007.
- - The "Aktionsgruppe 2000", a regional group of Shocker's Dan Fantastik Club 'Marlo' was formed. Foundationmembers were Norbert Aichele, Dröge Jörn Möller, Heinrich Dammann and Horst Hermann von Allwörden. Plans for the publication of a fanzine were made. Plannings were fast, but the group lacked a title.
- At a meeting of the regional groups of Dan Shocker's Club Fantastik 'Marlo' in Dan Shockers home in the Wetterau, the master himself gives the fanzine a title and calls it "Zauberspiegel".
- The first issue is "born" (36 pages)
- The "Aktionsgruppe" hosts the Marlos Con and the second issue of the Zauberspiegel (36 pages) is pulished.
- Because the regional group did not achieve the necessary feedback in its local area (the number 2000 referred to the postal code area of Northern Germany) and an increasing number of people were interested in the issues, the HFC "sons of the Magician" was established, which served as editor for four numbers if the Zauberspiegel. Heads of this club were NorbertAichele and Horst von Allwörden. -
- Zauberspiegel-extra No. 1 "Jagor, Skullsplitter" by Peter Michael published -
- The "sons of the Magician" resolve. The Zauberspiegel now is a free club fanzine without bonds -
- After a creative break Zauberspiegel is back with number 7 (80 pages).
- The Zauberspiegel is increasing in pages. The existing articles have outrun the capacities of a fanzine in those days. Fellow magazines are being founded "Zauberstern" (editor: Petra Köhpcke) and "Zauberbuchstabe" (editors: Volker Sorge and Lutz Bolte). Then followed special editions "Zaubergalerie" (collections of pictures) and "Zauberwald" (novels) -
- At the same time Zauberspiegel celebrated its 5th anniversary with the biggest single number of 168 pages.
- Binding gets cheaper and thus it becomes possible for the Zauberspiegel to reintegrate the fellow-magazines. The Zauberspiegel is being published with over 300 pages
- Following number 24, Zauberspiegel as printmagazine is being discontinued.
- - A comeback attempt as printzine failed due to financing questions of printed fanzines, initial plans for an online service
- - 25 years after its start as a print magazine, Zauberspiegel-online is relaunched as an online fanzine in the worldwide web
- November 2007 - Zauberspiegel has included a new feature: Zauberspiegel-News, a blog for news and information from the universe of suspense.
- - 1. Anniversary of Zauberspiegel-online.
- - Our friend, co-worker and a source of inspiration Horst Hübner succumbs to cancer. Definitely a big loss ...
- - 3rd Anniversary of the online-version of Zauberspiegel.
- - We have had 1.000.000 visitors online ... On the next million.
- Visit us - It is even easier now to "LIKE" us - simply press "like it" on Facebook. We joined the world of Facebook.
- -We are constantly getting more contact with international authors, publishers, fans ... For all of you who want to know more about us, we have issued this informational article.
- - We launch a new part of the Zauberspiegel-universe: The Zauberspiegel-Junior. This site specializes on subjects for children and growing-ups. It offers a great way for young adults to experience writing articles and reviews, doing interviews.
- - Together with the new Junior-site, we relaunched the site in some general aspects. Reviews, News and international now have seperat startingpages, making orientation easier.
which i am going to convey in school.